Saturday, July 25, 2020

28A - Your Exit Strategy

My exit strategy is quite situational, I feel like I would stay with the company for a long time if the idea is successful/popular enough to keep having customers and regular cashflow. When I plan a serious project, I like to see the end result and my impact on the lives of the user. This is the primary stance I would take. The alternative would be if the company is failing, I would leave the company after a couple of years.

It does not seem ideal to pursue an idea that people are not interested in, I feel like at this point I would go back to the drawing board and figure out another venture idea. It would be a lot more expensive and unproductive to further pursue this goal.

I don’t think it had a major impact on the other concepts/ideas I have about my product. Since it is more situational, I haven’t completely incorporated the exit strategy onto my plan. Another potential idea would be an acquisition of my product by a larger stock-focused company. This would be a great way to exit and pursue other entrepreneurial adventures.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Rahul:
    I think you are a very rational person. You said if the company is successful you will not leave but if it fails, you will give it up. I think it is a fair choice since we can not predict the future and will not know the market situation of stocks in the future. It is also possible that "be an qcuisition of my product by a large stock-focused company" as you said. I think you really think a lot. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rahul,

    I agree that if you create something from the very start then investing in it to the very end is really important to see that the idea completes the dream you had. I think that if you also stick with the same product for a longer time you will know all the weaknesses and strengths of your own product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rahul,

    I agree that if your company is failing, it might be smart to liquidate. However, that also might present another opportunity. With failure comes learning. So if your company isn't doing what you expected, take a step back and learn/figure out what the problem is and reinvest back into your business.

    ReplyDelete