My name is Rahul Dani. I am a Computer Science student at
UF. I have worked in the financial sector through 2 internships and am very
interested in expanding my knowledge in the area. I am stock investor myself
and have learned about stock trading through various online and physical
resources. My main motivation for this app comes from my personal interest in
stock trading. I hope that this app helps people get started right away, as I
spent a long time acquiring sufficient knowledge to begin.
The service I am offering is a platform for people to start
their stock trading journey. The app will contain a plethora of new and
innovative features such as real market predictions, news outlets, as well as a
market simulation game for users to test their skills in the market before
committing. A feature that I might add to the app in the future would be other markets
of investment such as real estate.
The demographics for this app would be people who are just
starting out in their careers and have some money sitting in their bank
accounts collecting very low annual interest. Although this fits the young
adult category, age isn’t a huge factor as people start different stages of
life at different times. This app is not ideal for experienced investors as
they are most likely familiar with the concepts.
People will care about the app because there aren’t many other
good solutions in the market. The main selling feature of the app is the
knowledge people will gain by using and potentially starting a new source of
income right after.
The main aspect that sets us apart is that we run on a
subscription model that allows the user to continue the service for as long as
they wish. We will not be charging a ridiculous amount of money, that way more
people can access/make use of this platform.
Overall, I feel as though the plan I have presented here is
quite sustainable and effective. Firstly, the subscription model ensures that
we have steady monthly revenue and don’t have many off months. Next, the app
does not require a lot of upfront capital which saves us from taking out large
loans. Finally, from all the interviews conducted in the previous assignments,
I have concluded that there are a lot of people who wish they had access to
such a platform to grow their wealth.
The 2 main feedback points that I received were the benefits
of the subscription model over a lump sum cost, and the expansion of other
investment strategies within this app. I have continued to stick with the
subscription idea as the revenue model for this app and I have added real
estate investment as a potential market this app can incorporate into.
Hi Rahul,
ReplyDeleteI like your idea of subscription model. Learning how to invest is a long journey and it is a good way to keep customers. Like you said, the model can ensure the profits for company. In addition, I think you are experienced in this filed since your internship really brought you valuable experience. Great job.
Hi Rahul,
ReplyDeleteYou described yourself very well and wrote about your many admirable qualities. I think the subscription model for your business would be great for the demographic you are trying to reach. Low up-front investment and assistance in choosing investments will entice younger customers who typically shy away from traditional wealth management firms. Having a variety of investment strategies in the app will help you attract more customers.
Hi Rahul,
ReplyDeleteI think that your technical skills are great! I also really like how you are using those skills to make something you love. I think having a little interest and passion for what you are making is really important. With your experience and the plan of making this application as a subscription, I think you can make something good.