Sunday, July 5, 2020

18A – Create a Customer Avatar


The prototypical customer for my stock app would generally be a young adult who is just starting their career. They probably just graduated from college, lives by themselves in a new city, and started working their first job. They are starting to earn a decent income and don’t really know what to use the money for as it probably goes into a savings account with very little growth interest rate. They might have recently bought a car with the money but that’s the only big purchase they have had to make. The person wants to make use of their time and initial money to grow or fund a larger project they have in mind. This is why they want to use the stock market as they have heard it’s a good way to grow your investment but is unsure about when and how to start. This is why I feel like this is a great prototypical customer for my app.

I do share a lot of similarities with this person as I am also almost done with college and have some money saved up from internships that I don’t really know what to use for. This is why I have started investing my money in the stock market as I feel like it could help fund some of my future projects/ideas. I don’t think it’s a coincidence, I think as an entrepreneur, you need to fix problems that affect you and/or those you believe in.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Rahul,
    I think you did a great job on this exercise and I like how detailed it is, it helps paint a better image for your ideal customers. I find it very fascinating that you saved up to invest in this business and think that is very smart of you. It also shows that you are very into this solution and this class. I also like the image that you put, I do think you could have created an avatar but at the same time, it is still really well done. -Mayson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rahul,
    I always think you have a great business idea and I think there must be a large group of young people want the "product". Although I am a freshman and I did not have salary from job, I still want to learn how to invest money.It is hard to start at the beginning and people like me really want someone to guide us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rahul,

    I think you did well in describing what your prototypical customer is as I can see myself, someone who is very close to graduating from college, being interested in a product similar to this. I share a lot of similarities with this prototypical customer that I now really want to get into this. I think gearing this towards seniors in college would also be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete