Sunday, June 7, 2020

11A – Idea Napkin No.1

My name is Rahul Dani. I am a Computer Science/Math Student at UF. I have industry experience in the financial software engineering sector as I have previously interned for JP Morgan Chase and plan to intern for American Express this summer. I hope to work as a quantitative analyst in the future. My business concept is the stock investment app for young adults. I had recently started investing in the market found it challenging to pick the right companies. After a while and some research, I was able to grow my investments significantly. My personal experience in investing led me to create this opportunity as I would have benefited from such a platform.

The service I am offering is a platform to begin investing money into the stock market. I intend to include many tips for new investors, news outlets about various companies to show future trends, and a stock market simulation game for people to try out various strategies before truly investing.

The demographic for this app would be young adults who are new to investing and want to start but don’t have much information about this market. The demographic can also extend to older yet new investors as they are on the same boat as the young investor. The app is not intended for experienced investors or hedge fund managers, as they already have the information needed to be a successful investor. My app provides tools to help people get started on the right track.

People will care about the app because there aren’t many alternatives/good solutions in the market. This app also helps people make sustainable money and that will definitely be a selling feature as they are not here to just “get rich fast”.

The difference between us and other competing options would be the revenue-generating model. My plan is to create a subscription model and have users pay something between $7-$10 a month to use all the features of the app. This ensures that users aren’t burdened to pay large costs up-front, help our stakeholders see consistent monthly income, and gives the user an option to test and keep the subscription for as long as they would like.

All in all, I believe this app has great potential. The features presented are useful to new investors as they can safely experiment before running straight in and losing money. The revenue model seems sustainable for long term growth and allows the user to realize that this small recurring cost might help them make thousands of dollars in the future. The app is also expandable as we can implement new features and have tiers of memberships. Due to these reasons, I feel as though this app has the potential to help promote both personal as well as large-scale economic wealth.


5 comments:

  1. Hello Rahul,
    I think you have a great potential in making this business. The working experience--intered for JP Morgan Chase--provides you a great opportunity to study analyzing data in the future. I really like how you manage the apps by createing a subscription to people. It is not a high price for people to pay $7 to $10 each month to learn investing. I personally think the cost of managing app will not be so high so the business can be profitable. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rahul. Great post. You have a lot of good skills and talents that will be beneficial when developing your business idea. I like your plan to use a subscription model for your investment platform. I think that would work really well with the target demographic. Using sustainable money as a selling feature is also a great way to appeal to your target demographic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rahul,
    I think your experience with computer science is a great skill that will assist you with the business idea you have created. I think that your own personal experience with the stock market would be beneficial as well as many younger adults do not have that experience and are frightened to even try that. To combine both of these skills, I think you would be able to help many people and also create a good business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rahul,
    Thanks for the insightful post. Most schools don't teach you how to investment in the stock market unless you're in the finance or economics program so launching an app to helps students understand the market better is a wonderful idea. One thing I would suggest to you is adding real estate investing to that app. Most students are unaware of investing in real estate and how the returns on properties are much larger than the returns from the market. Think about it, nobody can beat the market, it's impossible, unless you put money in long term positions such as apple, Microsoft. tesla, etc. When investing in commercial real estate, you're investing in a tangible asset and know exactly what you're returns will be prior to investing. Something to think about. Give me a shout if you would like to talk more about this. 813-600-8551; Bryson.boylan@matthews.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel - my name is Bryson Boylan and I left the comment above. The reason it is showing up unknown is because I am using my work computer which is not compatible with my school email associated with my blogger account.

    ReplyDelete