Monday, June 15, 2020

14A – Halfway Reflection

Throughout the course, I have tried to work ahead of schedule as I found this to be the most effective way of retaining the material as well as ensuring that I was never stressed out to finish an assignment or watching lectures. This course has a lot of assignments and I found them all to be quite important as they taught me skills that I would have otherwise ended up overlooking.

One of the main assignments that pushed me to my limits was the “bug list” as I found it quite challenging to come up with 20 things that bothered me. I had to take breaks and try out different settings to come up with some of the unique bug list ideas. I feel as though that assignment allowed me to develop a tenacious attitude because every assignment after that one felt easier as I would tell myself, “If you can do the bug list, you can do this!”.

Three tips I would offer new students in this course would be:

1. Start early! The assignments come around faster than you would expect.

2. Watch all the lectures and take notes. The content provided by Professor Pryor is fantastic and I feel like it has helped me a lot!

3. Provide great feedback on your peers’ posts. This will not only encourage them, but also help you see perspectives that you might have not originally considered.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Rahul,
    I definitely agree with you on the work ahead group being super effective--I love finishing early and not stressing over past due dates! The bug list at the beginning of the course had me nervous about the class because I struggled with it too, but now I kind of miss that assignment. Good luck with the rest of the course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rahul. Nice post! I agree that working ahead is a great tip for this course. Since multiple assignments are due together every week, it is easy to fall behind. Watching the lectures and taking notes is also a good tip. Doing that will make the cupcakes a lot easier and the information Professor Pryor gives in each lecture is very valuable as an aspiring entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rahul,
    I also felt a little hard to do the bug list. I also changed different settings so that I can finish the bug list. I think it is a good idea to work ahead since there a lot of writing. If we can work ahead, there is more time for us to revise the work and read other's work to find some new ideas. We can really learn a lot from the professor's lectures. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rahul,

    I agree that starting early or spreading out your work is super important for this class. The assignments are not super long tasks but they can take a few days to collect all the important information. Furthermore, I also agree that the bug list was one of the harder assignments but I think if a student can get through that they can get through the class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rahul- I also agree by watching all the lectures and taking very specific notes is very helpful when it comes to the cupcakes! I think that starting early and making sure that you do not procrastinate is also a very great tip! Working ahead in this class is a great tactic to make sure everything is turned in on time and that you do not cram your work! Keep up the great work:)

    - Mayson

    ReplyDelete