Thursday, May 28, 2020

7A – Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

Opportunity: The opportunity I would like to pursue is about giving people the chance to invest money in the US stock market. Many people are discouraged from entering the stock market because they are unaware of how it all works and the best times to enter and exit the market. Educating everyone in stock trading helps individuals make better use of their income as well as promotes company growth leading to greater innovations in society.

Who: Young adults in the United States

What: They are unable to easily begin investing money into the US stock market.

Why: They are uninformed about the safe and effective strategies required to become a successful investor.

Hypothesis: Young adults in the United States are unable to easily begin investing money into the US stock market because they are uninformed about the safe and effective strategies required to become a successful investor.

Testing the who: I believe that this is a need for everyone as most people are not active investors due to being scared they might lose money.

Testing the what: It is not the case that investing is difficult for everyone, some people tend to take more risks, but it is not an easy process for most people.

Testing the why: It is my understanding that people are keen on contributing to the stock market to develop their own personal wealth. It also acts as a great income earning strategy especially during current times when people are working from home. This investment also helps companies regain money to plan employees and develop new products.

Interview 1: (Sister) I think this is a great idea as most people do not know what the stock market entails, or are afraid to start investing because of the risks. It’ll benefit people old enough to join since they can start saving up early on, especially for purchases such as a home and a car. It will also help older people for retirement and essential needs.

Interview 2: (Mother) Yes, I think this is great for young folks as it is a good way to start saving money, instead of spending it on non-essential items and getting into debt. Most people are unaware of the knowledge required for trading and fear that they might lose money so it is a great way to encourage better financial management.

Interview 3: (Father) This idea is good for people of all ages, especially people who are just starting to get into the workforce. It might be tough for them to start, because they are not earning a lot of money early on and fear that investing in the market might result in them losing a lot of their newly earned income.

Interview 4: (Friend) I am already investing money in the US stock market, therefore I feel like I know how investing works so this idea might not be that useful for me. I think it is good for people who are new and want to learn how to get into investing.

Interview 5: (Friend) This is an interesting concept, but what makes your idea different from just using the internet and watching YouTube videos? There are a lot of information on the web, but a lot of it isn’t very good and might be misleading so that is something to think about.

Summary: I think all the interviews went well and that there is definitely an opportunity in this area that can be explored as there aren’t many good alternatives present. I need to also ensure that the idea I come up with accounts for people that have different investing goals and suits their needs accordingly.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rahul,

    Great read, thank you for sharing. Ironically, I have been reading information on how to wisely get into the stock market. I have little to no knowledge on how or where to invest. I do not even know some of the basics like where to begin. With that said, I would support and agree with your idea. I would even be interested to be part of your future assignments. I will dm you to discuss further. It seems like you have a solid foundation of understanding which is where I would like to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rahul,

    I think educating people about investing in the stock market is a great business idea. The stock market can feel intimidating and being unsure about when and how much to invest in can feel daunting. I agree that there are not many alternatives for helping young people invest in the stock market. This could prove to be very beneficial, especially for college students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rahul,

    This is an idea I believe I would love to work on. I have always been interested in getting into the stock market and I feel like there would be a large market for this. I think that this will not only help people in their investments, but it also attract more people to go into the stock market. I think asking professionals about advice would also be helpful in starting out. Great post.

    ReplyDelete