Thursday, May 14, 2020

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story

My Entrepreneurship Story


    One of my earliest memories of entrepreneurship was from a school camping event that I had gone to as a middle schooler. I had always thought that video game consoles were an individual entity and that it wasn’t possible to share them unless you play with a friend. During the camping trip, I noticed that there was a cabin that had many different video game consoles and games that the owners would rent out for the campers to use and charged them by the hour. At the time, I remember being amazed that someone had come up with the idea of renting out video game consoles to earn money. Many parents would end up renting them to entertain the kids even though they ended up costing a decent amount of money after using it for a couple of hours.

    I have decided to enroll in ENT3003 due to my curiosity in Entrepreneurship. I am a Computer Science major and although we create many cool apps and projects, we aren’t taught how to present and turn our ideas into usable products. After taking this class, I hope to be able to think outside the box and develop smart and innovative products that could make someone’s life a bit easier.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Rahul,
    I enjoyed reading about your past experience with entrepreneurship! I agree that renting video game consoles was a genius idea. One of my birthday parties as a kid was actually at a video game store where my friends and I played various video games all day. I am impressed that you are a computer science major, that seems very difficult. I agree that this class will help us think more outside of the box and in turn find solutions to everyday problems. I think you could have went in a little more depth about your experience but overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rahul,
    I really like this story because I also had this experience before. It is trully a great idea, because the school camping is not as intersting as video games for younger students. If they have video games, they can even forget to sleep and eat. In order to get their children be quiet, parents will rent video games for them. Making profits from annoying children are really great ideas. Toys in the shopping mall are also a great idea like this. Children find going shopping is boring so they just want to play with toys. But parents can not both shopping and pay attention to annoying kids, so sometimes they just buy toys to make them quiet. My mother always does it so I know. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Rahul,
    Thank you for sharing your story. I find it so fascinating that you remember that from middle school and also really enjoyed your story. It's crazy how the parents paid to rent them for the kids to keep them focus on other things, like the video games. I find parents doing this often so they don't have to deal with their kids. I actually have had this happen to me before, when babysitting, the parents just gave their kid an Ipad so I would not have to deal with him but I actually wanted to have fun with the kid. It made me sad that technology is the way kids play in today's generation. Great job on your story, it was great to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rahul!
    This story shows how little things such as video games can play a role in entrepreneurship. I love the idea of how entrepreneurship can sometimes consist of using resources to your advantage, as can be seen with the story of renting out video games. I am a Computer Engineering major and I definitely understand why you took this class. I cannot wait to see what this class teaches and hope to use this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rahul,

    Thanks for sharing. Your story shows that entrepreneurship can be found anywhere, no matter which level, age, or much much revenue that venture produces. I too at a very young age developed a nact for coming up with small ways to make money. From shoveling snow at the age of 12 to investing my savings into a duplex at age 19, entrepreneurship can be created at any point in ones life.

    ReplyDelete